WHY Furniture – Problems in Furniture Industry
As a consumer, we all have faced inconvenience in getting our furniture customized at the right price, intended quality, and required quantity. Firstly designs are very limited, secondly, customization is not possible/feasible, and thirdly, seller’s margins are exorbitant.
Upon further research of Industry characteristics, we realized that
- Furniture is a largely unorganized industry.
- There is a dearth of technology and professionalism.
- Primarily marked with disintegrated and non-standardized manufacturing practices.
- major presence of stand-alone retailers and wholesalers.
- For customization – there are infinite delays, inaccuracy in production, not enough options in design, and high priced custom build service.
- Little to Zero brand recall of anyone furniture brand which is focused across all categories of furniture and allied services, on a national level in India.
What we Do – PRESENT AND FUTURE – Solutions for Furniture Industry
Our aim is to provide the largest range of High-Quality Furniture and designs, from India and the globe, which are CUSTOM manufactured whilst maintaining the standardized quality, cost-effectiveness, and committed timelines, all this integrated with new-age technology.
Furniture vis-a-vis technology
As a new-age company, we realize the value of technology and its disruption across every industry. We are working tirelessly to integrate multiple Technologies with Furniture, Furni-tech as we like to call it.
- Encompassing Artificial Intelligence in our Custom built-high tech ERP to understand our consumer in a better way.
- Virtual Reality experience studios & 3D product mapping for aiding Design Planning and Real-life visualization.
- Augmented Reality for virtual product placement and thus enabling product integration visualization.
- Web and mobile E-commerce.
- Smart furniture products – The world is turning SMART, . This disruption can be felt across our Workspace and Personal Space, with Smart gadgets and Smart appliances, and other smart applications. Our Lifestyle is becoming more and more connected with us and each other. Keeping our Tech Savvy User in at center, we are Researching & Developing a world-class range of SMART furniture which is future-ready, by integrating technology with furniture – such as Connected Furniture, smart Power and connectivity accessories, Furniture user Health & Lifestyle monitoring.
WHO we are – Our Story thus far
After almost 2 years of research and incubation out of a classroom at IIM Bangalore, Lakdi was founded on May 01, 2017, by Nikul Raj Gupta. The operations started on half a floor of leased space in New Delhi’s furniture market, 3 teammates, with 50 products Online and 1 commercial project for an American Bank, at the time of inception.
We have come far in 3 years with over 3000 products LIVE online and having delivered more than 40,000 products to over 20,000 happy customers across the country.
Along with this, 200+ Commercial & Home furniture projects have been successfully executed at the same time.
The operations have now grown to over 50,000 sqft of Office & Warehousing space with a growing team of 60 people.
Lakdi is managed by a team of young but experienced professionals with skill sets ranging all across the spectrum. Our team comprises of architects, designers, engineers, carpenters, account managers, CRM, digital content, production, quality, packaging, finance, logistics, admin, and more, who are working tirelessly 24/ 7 / 365 to ensure you enjoy your Custom Experience from Lakdi.
We support & work with 150+ ancillary furniture vendors in the MSME category, who in turn support about 4000 + skilled workers. Our State of the art production facilities and large vendor base enables us to Custom produce furniture of such varied designs and materials.
Quality – Lakdi is Accredited by American Quality Standards, BIFMA standard, and Indian Standard Organisation ISO for the Quality production process.
Environment – ISO standards and National Green Building Council NGBC. As a responsible brand, we are conscious of our environment.
- 70 % of our products are made from recycled materials.
- over 50% of our products are recyclable.
- Use of 100% recycled packaging materials.
- Strong adherence to ISO standards of Environment safety.
- Integration of best practices in our processes such as responsible sourcing of wood and responsible disposal, among others.
We, at Lakdi, are happy and proud of “What We Do and How We Do It” and therefore, ALL our products come with up to a 5-year warranty and a Product Lifetime Service Support, across India.