How to select drawing room furniture & Idea to decor drawing room
Drawing Room Design Ideas & How to select Drawing room furniture
Commonly referred to as the ‘most open space’ of any home, the drawing-room provides the first impression of the personality of the person because it is usually the first room one walks into on entering the house. While selecting the alternatives at hand for drawing room décor, one can be extremely creative with all the choices available and showcase their individual and innate style. You can choose from a wide range of styles or be fierce enough to mix things a bit.
How Should You Select the Style for Your drawing Room Interior?
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to drawing room furniture. After all, home décor symbolizes the personality of the homeowner and brings it to life. All of it boils down to the overall vibe or the tone that you want to set for your drawing room decor while considering important factors like space and budget. You can choose from standard styles such as modern, contemporary, minimal, etc, or have a little fun by combining two or more styles in your special way. But beware, not every style can mix and tastefully match with others. For that, you can always consult our professionals, sit back, and let the experts handle it. Firstly, start from scratch. Plan of how YOUR ideal drawing room design should look like. Visualize and reimagine. Letting go old drawing room furniture that is outdated, worn out and does not go with your vision.
How should you select the color Scheme for Your Drawing Room Decor?
Choose those colors which you would love to see every day and those which have a calming effect on you. Do your thorough research from blogs, magazines or simply hire an expert from Urban Company to get a fair idea of how your drawing room should look like. You can then move on to the smaller player such as curtains, side tables, coffee tables, and cabinets, etc. This is the most exciting part.
Colors level should be very choosy, many designers swear by the 60-30-10 principle which is quite popular among professionals.
According to this, you can choose three broad colors in your drawing-room. It will comprise of 60% primary color, 30% secondary color and 10% accent color. Your primary color includes elements that cover the majority of the drawing space, such as the walls and the sofa. Mixtures of color comprise smaller elements such as the draperies, some small drawing room furniture and perhaps an accent wall. And finally comes the accent color that forms the smallest part of the color scheme. This includes artwork, cushions and throws pillows, etc.
As already stated, there are no hard and fast rules for home décor, so even this principle can tweak according to respective needs and tastes. Just remember, there is no right way to achieve the perfect look for your lounging area.
How Can You Select The Walls Of Your Drawing Room?
As soon as we enter a new space, the floor and the wall decor are the first things that catch our eye. Surface area-wise, walls and floor form the largest part of the drawing-room and special heed must be paid to these key features while designing as you will come home to relax in your drawing room after a long, hard day at work. Reiterating ‘your way is the right way’, walls can style in a unique fashion. Soft colors or bright and vibrant colors? Monochrome or patterns? The choice is completely yours.
Picking the right wall color is quite a teddy task and half the battle won in the decorating process. The right color can enhance the beauty of your entire drawing room design. Light colors mostly used in smaller rooms because they create an illusion of space. On the other hand, with larger rooms, you can experiment and go wild with dark, bold colors and patterns which are vibrant and give off a hint of drama. However, they must choose carefully so that the color combination complements the drawing-room interior aesthetically and exquisitely.
Accent walls are not exactly a new trend but are a sure-shot way to pump class and sophistication along with an urbane touch right into your drawing-room. They are completely in budget and look stunning if executed correctly. The color and/or pattern of the accent wall primarily depend on the color of the other walls. Faux finish walls are a top choice along with metallic and plastered accent walls. Before painting the entire area red, make sure you apply the paint on a patch to get an idea of the outcome. You can also go with temporary wallpaper on the accent wall. They are cost-effective and very convenient. Wood planks, bricks, and tiles can also use instead of paint. Your accent wall doesn’t necessarily have to be fancy or textured. It can be as simple as a dark color wall in an otherwise lightly colored room.
A drawing room decor is incomplete without wall art. Besides picking the right art pieces, their placement is equally (if not more) important. If you are thinking to hang your art above the sofa, then make sure you pick a piece of appropriate dimensions i.e. it should not be too small. As a general rule for reference, the piece of art should be about two-thirds the width of the sofa. If you want to hang your art on the side of a window, make sure that there is enough space between the drapes on the window and the wall so that everything looks clean and not cluttered. Wherever the artwork is placed, it should not too high. Remember that the center point of the piece should be at eye level.
Ceilings don’t need to be white, flat and boring. False ceilings are another trend for elegant home decor. They transform the whole look and feel of the room by giving it a fresh, edgy and inimitable demeanor. The size of the room, the color of the walls surrounding it and the overall style of the drawing-room are some of the factors based on which you can decide. You can select for a variety of options such as an all-white false ceiling with LEDs placed in it, or perhaps a ceiling with wooden slabs placed on it to give away an ethereal and cozy appearance. You can also design your false ceiling in an asymmetrical, geometric pattern. You can also extend your ceiling till the floor and your walls look attractive.
How Can You Select The Flooring For Your Drawing Room?
- The floor always protects you when you fall. Flooring comes a plethora of options that you can choose from. Depending on the overall look and feel of your room, your floor should speak grace, elegance with that special flavor of comfort.
- Wooden flooring is a symbol of grace and sophistication. They provide a certain warmth and timelessness to provide an ethereal appeal to your drawing room interior. The wooden floor is highly popular among designers and homeowners alike because of its beauty and practicality. The value of the house with wooden flooring is very impressive because of its sheer elegance. Although they are a little expensive, cost-wise, they are known to last a hundred years, so in a way, they prove to be value for money because of their extremely high shelf life. Wooden is an organic product so it is always healthier as compared to other materials.
- Drawing room is always a most engaging part of any house so take care of it, you can consider a carpeted floor. Carpets are traditional and very durable. Merely changing the carpet can transform the entire appearance of your drawing room design. To give your drawing room decor a touch of warmth and familiarity, you can most certainly opt either for a full end to end carpet or a large carpet that allows your room to breathe. Going by the color scheme of your drawing room, you can decide the color that compliments everything else. Carpets are not all that difficult to maintain and help make your room appear cozy. On the other hand, you can make some elements of your drawing room pop by adding a bright, loud rug that goes with the overall vibe of the room.
- Cork is an up and next trend in the flooring scene. From its properties, cork is a soft and spongy material that can give your bedroom a luxurious and palatial feel. If someone accidentally trips or falls, the flooring provides a certain amount of protection. Cork can be used sans guilt because of its relatively eco-friendly, green and renewable nature. Maintenance is hassle-free and the anti-microbial, anti-static qualities are a bonus. If you compare cork and carpets, cork does not attract hair, dust and other small particles, thus making it easier to clean. The surface of the cork flooring can be refinished periodically to give it a fresh new look. Cork is relatively expensive and can be prone to scratching and damage because it is a very soft material.
- Wood laminate combination of thin layers of wood hard pressed together-is a common alternative to hardwood floors mainly because it can replicate the look of the latter. It is both cost-effective and easier to maintain hence can consider a good option for your drawing room interiors but at the fact the same time. Wood laminate flooring is easy to install and clean.
You can go with any options that you can think about when choosing the flooring and the above list is certainly not exhaustive. Many other choices are available in the market that you can refer to, with due guidance from the experts. You can connect our top professional while picking out the best possible, most feasible option for your home that brings your imagination to reality.
Home décor can call a science of its own. Your drawing room design can revamp in a variety of styles and designs, based on your selection.
Described by clean, bold and streamlined lines and simple, neutral colors, the modern style has simplicity at its core. Heavy use of accessories is not commonplace in this style and neat and DE cluttered is the norm. White is a popular alternative for people who love to go all modern. Large windows and neutral color themes are a good alternative when you want to style your drawing room interior in a modern way.
Contemporary is more fluid, with an ability to bend the rules of modern style. Lines are clean and streamlined but can curve unlike those in modern style. Paneled partitions and earthy hues can consider under this style. Designs are playful under this style. Differently colored and shaped rugs and drawing room furniture with curves on it can also be given a thought to enhance your entire drawing room design.
Drawing Room Furniture:
Your Drawing room furniture can pattern as well. Opt for bold prints like tie and dye or check.
Rustic has a ‘close to nature’ ring to it by heavily making use of wood and stone. Candles also speak rustic.
Huge crystal chandeliers with heavy tasseled drapes and curtains and well-detailed heavy drawing room furniture from the heart of vintage décor. You can also hang oversized light bulbs right from the ceiling, in an aesthetic, visually pleasing manner to give your drawing room décor a vintage look.
You can hand-pick carved wooden chairs or leather couches and modern center and side tables to achieve this look. For the flooring, you can go for mosaic, terracotta or even brick tiles for an eclectic drawing room design.
What Are Some Decorating Ideas For A Typical Indian Drawing Room?
India is the land of colors and culture and you can channel this in your drawing room to give it an ethnic touch straight from the motherland.
These are some of the top-notch ideas off the top of our heads that can surely spruce up your drawing room and bring out the earthy flavor.
What Are Some Ideas For A Small Drawing Room Design?
Decorating a smaller space little bit of a challenge but that shouldn’t deter anyone from going all-in with the creativity.
Hang your curtains above the window to give an appearance of extra height, so your room looks bigger.
How Can You Style Your Drawing Room Interiors On A Budget?
There are numerous ways to deck up your drawing room design even when you are on a tight budget. Not every step in life has to come at a steep cost, right? You can consider the following pointers for bringing out the soul in your lounge, even if it is on a constrained budget.
Check out drawing room ideas made on a budget here
What Are The Latest Trends In Drawing Room Designs?
What’s new in the drawing-room interior scene? Don’t worry, we have a quick guide for those in need of the perfect interior design for the drawing-room.
Where Can You Find Drawing Room Design Solutions?
The dedicated team of professionals (Architects, Interior Designers, Contractors, and Wall Painters) which are a part of the Lakdi the Furniture Company family will make sure that you always have a solution to all your queries about your humble abode. We have curated an Urban Company Homes portal showcasing nearly 5000 projects in which you can browse for inspiration and finding tailor-made drawing room design ideas for you.
Think of Lakdi The Furniture Company is a one-stop solution for all things related to housing plans and house designs.