Tips to keep in mind for best hospital interior design
Small tweak but a big difference in hospital interior design
“The greatest wealth is health. No piece of gold and silver can replace it”. Today due to our lifestyle conditions many diseases emanate and we need to depend a lot on health care centers. They play a major role in the health system. Hospitals and their surrounding should never be a place of fear. Many people are very hesitant about going to hospitals. The reason is they don’t like the hospital environment, its smell, etc. Creating a comfortable space for patients to get well is an integral part. It ensures that they will leave the hospital with a positive outlook. Hence higher priority must be given during hospital construction. Hospital interior design must be done by anticipating adversities that can be happened in the future.
An intelligent hospital interior design to combat with contagion
Many studies depict that patient’s satisfaction, stress, health outcome, health care quality; all these are linked with hospital interior design and environment. Nobody can predict what kind of contagious diseases are going to spread. It’s not in our hands. If proper hospital interior design planning is not done then we have to face the hardships in the future.
Technology is showing swift growth. Utilizing it can help us in outlining a wise hospital interior design.
• Auto remote control body temperature detection at the entrance.
• High-level isolation units for highly contagious patients.
• Intelligent bedrooms
Automatic continuous bedside monitoring system for hand hygiene.
Gown and glove distributor while entering.
• Doors of the building, patient’s bedrooms are secured by an individual badge. It is handled by special control rooms. Access cards for these are given to employees but also to the patient’s family and visitors.
• During airborne diseases, visitors can access a patient’s room only with a specific card given with a protective mask; in the case of highly contagious disease or, more frequently, in cases of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (TB), no access is allowed but intercom is available to ensure visitor communication with their patient.
Big things often have a small beginning
Small plans that we made initially will reflect throughout in whatever matter we do. So no mistake has to be done in the starting phase. That means good planning and good design. The selection of hospital interior designers must be done wisely. Lakdi.in is one such platform that has a proven history in the field of hospital interior design. Lakdi.in will also aid you in the selection process of the best quality furniture which makes your hospital interior more elegant.
Let us see some tips in hospital interior design;
Focus on a unique theme
• Many hospital interior designs are available from modern to contemporary, colored to dull themes.
• Select one from this and stick to that theme.
• Incorporating many themes will feel a busy look which is not good.
• A hospital should always have a serene and calm atmosphere. Clumsy hospital interior design will create some dilemma and stress.
• A well-chosen color theme can contribute positively to the creation of a situation in which patients can feel comfortable and better.
• When and where to use color can make a difference in hospital interior design. For example, vibrant colors can be used in the children’s ward or hospitals.
• Always try to maintain uniqueness in hospital interior design.
• Creating a bold aesthetics will feel a difference in the mind of patients too.
• Hospital interior design can be part of the healing process. The bold look creates a friendly feel and reduces anxiety.
• Proper space utilization has to be done while hospital interior design.
• From the planning process itself, the correct layout must be created.
• Prior importance must be given in getting maximum daylight.
• This has many benefits like reducing electricity bills and maintaining a healthy surrounding.
CAPTIVATING WAITING ROOM.
• Patients have to spend a lot of time in the waiting area.
• They feel bored and disturbed in spending time in the waiting area.
• Special attention must be given in designing this area.
• Always waiting section must be inviting. It must include comfortable seating arrangements.
• Design modern and eye-soothing walls that can cut down the noise level.
Feel of positivity
• Green is the color of life, nature, energy, freshness, safety, and so on.
• Try to place indoor plants in as many places which are good for health too.
• People with varied mind-set will come to the hospital. Plants will make the mind tranquil to an extent.
PRUDENT FABRIC AND TEXTILE SELECTION.
• Selection of accessories like curtains must be done in hospital design if and only if proper cleaning is done.
• Otherwise, it may become a reason for many infectious diseases spreading.
• Factors like washability, flammability, less weight have to be taken into account while choosing fabric.
Employee friendly hospital interior design
• Workers are a vital part of any organization. Their comfort and convenience should also give prior importance during hospital interior design.
• Hospital employees, from doctors to cleaning staff, have to lead a busy and stressful working condition. To reduce stress, improve concentration, and productivity maximum facilities for them has to be incorporated in hospital interior design.
KEEP A PRAYER OR PRIVATE SPACE.
• Hospital is a place where many life-changing decisions have to be taken.
• Trying to keep a private space for the family conversation area, will be a better option in hospital interior design.
• Keeping such area quite is important. For that sound minimizing type, hospital design must be done in such areas. Sound absorbing materials must use in ceiling tiles, flooring, wall apparel.
“The very first requirement of a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm” Florence Nightingale. Hospital is a place where both positive and negative incidents happen. Birth and death happen. At the end of the day, the main aim is simply safety and security. The patient’s experience is at its core if health care is done properly. In the same vein, hospital interior design also plays a prior position.
Risk can’t be taken in choosing a hospital interior designer. A credible and just choice must be carried out. Lakdi.in is one trustworthy choice. Lakdi.in keeps a good track record in the field of hospital interior design. Lakdi.in has tie-up with reputable brands that ensure high-quality furniture and accessories. They provide service from soup to nuts.
Get started!!! Get more tips on cost-effective hospital design!!!
Also, read the following articles:
- Chair for long working hours
- Stressless chairs
- Office conference table online
- Flexible office space design
- Luxury office design
- Workstation series circle teammates space mobility
- Interior designing firm